I Think I Can

I Think I Can

Remember the story of the little engine that climbed the mountain saying I think I can?

In case you’ve forgotten, a large long train asked for other big, strong engines to pull it over the mountain and one after another the big engines refused. In desperation, the long train asked the little engine used for switching cars to pull it up the grade and down the other side. The little train said, “I think I can and as it neared the top of the grade, which had so discouraged the larger engines, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, “I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can.” It reached the top by drawing on bravery and perseverance, and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, “I thought I could, I thought I could.”

I’m always amazed at how people reflect their unlimited ability. The following link shows how one 7-year-old girl in our area saw a need and is doing something about it. There is no doubt that she cares and that she is making a difference. Read the article and see if it doesn’t inspire you: “Second-Grader Raises $400 Toward Handicapped Playground Equipment Via Bake Sales

Comments

1. Judy says

What a difference one committed person can make…and to think this deserving idea originated with a child. Very inspiring. I love the idea of bringing a new pair of PJs to school for sharing too. Generous giving can start at a very early age.

My goodness the little girl pictured in the link above looks so young! So wonderful she is learning to have empathy for others at such a tender age, and inspiring others to also. Unselfishness and care for others are such needed qualities in our world today. (=

3. Tracy says

What an incredibly inspiring story! The power of thinking positively and truly believing that we can accomplish what we set our minds to is absolutely stunning. I loved reading all about this girl’s idea to raise funds so that her friend could feel included on the playground – so thoughtful and so lovely of her!

“And a little child shall lead them” is certainly true with this dear girl who will probably head up an NGO someday! Thank you for this inspiration!

5. Barbara M. says

Inspiration to do good for others unselfishly, comes in unlimited ways to those of us of all ages who listen for GOD’S direction.
    Thankyou for sharing this story with us.

And a little child shall lead them indeed. What a wonderful mom this child must have to instill in her the idea of giving, helping, caring and loving others. What a wonderful example for all of us. Thanks for sharing this wonderful story.